For more than 40 years steel has been produced in Kehl. In 1955, the entrepreneur Willy Korf decided to found his "Süddeutsche Draht­ver­arbeitungs- GmbH" on the conveniently located site in the Rhine harbour of Kehl. After comprehensive further investments the company name was changed to "Badische Stahlwerke AG" (BSW) in 1968. Since this time, the company name BSW stands for high quality and technical innovations.

1955

Foundation of "Süddeutsche Drahtverarbeitungs-GmbH"

1966

Start-up of Rolling Mill #1 for reinforcing steel

1968

Formation of BSW AG – Start-up of two UHP electric arc furnaces, two continuous casting units and rolling mill #2 for plain and ribbed wire rod

1993

Revamping of wire rod mill

1994

Start-up of slag processing unit

2003

Authorization for production increase to 2.2 million tons of steel p.a.

2009

New authorization for production increase to 2,8 million tons of steel p.a.

2011

800 employees at BSW (1200 including subsidiaries), 160 apprentices

 
 
 
 
deen

© 2011 Badische Stahlwerke GmbH